From the Thanksgiving Post:
*1 package of Nester’s mild Italian pork sausage, casing removed
* 4 ½ cups mushrooms, diced
* 1 medium yellow onion, diced
* 6 celery stalks, diced
* 4 carrots from the farm garden, diced
* 1/2 cup organic salt reduced chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon diced fresh sage
* ½ tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
* ½ cup dried cherries, finely chopped
* ½ cup sliced almonds
* 4 large cloves of garlic
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* Sea salt and black pepper to taste
– Preheat oven to 350.
– In a large soup pot, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
– Add the sausage and brown.
– Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, chicken broth, cherries, almonds, sage, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
– Mix well, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies begin to absorb the chicken broth.
– Transfer to a large glass baking dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.