Carmen sent me this. It’s from Everyday Paleo and she added her own adaptations.
“* 4 mild Italian pork sausage, diced
* 3 small leeks, diced
* 1 small red onion, diced
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
* 1 – 14oz can of artichoke hearts packed in water, cut into quarters
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
* 3 zucchini squash, sliced thin like noodles (sliced zucchini thin with a mandolin slicer and then used a knife to slice the thin noodle strips into “spaghetti” like noodles)
* 1 – 20 oz can of organic diced tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate (I used 2/3 can of regular coconut milk)
* 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
* Black pepper and sea salt to taste
In a small sauce pan mix together the can of diced tomatoes with the juice and the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and add the remaining sauce ingredients and allow to simmer. In a large skillet or wok heat the coconut oil. If you are using raw meat, brown the meat in the coconut oil and add the onion, garlic leeks, and bell peppers. If you are using pre-cooked sausages, cook the onions, leeks and bell peppers first in the coconut oil until tender and then add the meat and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the sausage is warmed through. To the meat and veggies add the zucchini and artichokes and pour the sauce over. Mix well and cook for another 5-6 minutes, just until the zucchini al dente – do not over cook or they will turn to mush!
(This made so much! I would probably half it next time and still have leftovers for days, but it was absolutely delicious!)”