From Mandy and I made this last night!
“The first part is:
* 1 bunch of beets, leaves removed and beets quartered (I cut them smaller so they take less time to cook)
* 2 tbsp olive oil (I don’t measure, just coat the beets)
* 1 garlic clove, pressed
* 1 tbsp dried basil
* 1 tbsp chopped roasted hazelnuts
* Ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to broil (I usually just bake at 350)
Toss beets with oil, basil and garlic in a glass or ceramic baking dish.
Broil for 30 mins – stir halfway through
Top with roasted hazlenuts and pepper
The second part is:
* Roasted beets from above
* 1 large navel orange, peeled with each segment cut in half
* 2 tbsp hazelnuts (same as from above)
* 1/4 tsp allspice
* 1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice (I usally use the juice from 1/2 an orange)
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 large avocado, cut into 8 slices
In medium bowl, combine beets, orange and hazelnuts.
In small bowl, mix allspice, orange juice and olive oil
Top salad with avocado slices and drizzle with dressing