Now that school has started and the University students have returned it’s going to be busier around the gym and some people’s schedules are a little more restricted. Please be really diligent with your waitlist etiquette so that we can can keep our system running smoothly. Here are a few things to remember:
* Please cancel out of early morning classes (6am, 7am, 8:15am) BEFORE 10PM. We have been lenient with this over the summer because it hasn’t mattered without waitlists, but it does matter now. We also don’t often check messages after 10pm so don’t rely on texting us at night as a means of cancelling for the morning.
* If something happens in the middle of the night or in the wee hours of the morning and you can’t make an early class it is still better that you cancel out online than just no-show, because it’s not impossible that the waitlist person will get the email in time.
* Please avoid waitlisting for more than one class per day (especially if you are already registered in a class for that day) as it takes waitlist spaces away from others who may not already be in a class or on a list.
* If you waitlist for a class that is right AFTER one that you are already registered for, remember that if you get in to the later class you are likely to be a late cancel the earlier class (this happens most often in the 4:30 and 5:30 slots).
* You can always text Jesse or I (depending on who is teaching the class) during the day for last minute cancels when you aren’t near a computer or have cancelled within an hour of the class starting. That allows us to contact the waitlist person if its not too late, and is important because Mindbody no longer moves the waitlist within an hour of the class starting.
We appreciate that most of you are pretty dialed with the system which is why the waitlist works so well, this is just a reminder for those of you who are a little less proficient with it 😉 , or are new!
If you can be flexible with you class times during the next few weeks it will help reduce the congestion of the September rush until we settle into a new routine. We will also do our best to bump capacity to 12 whenever possible and you will receive the waitlist email if that’s the case.
Thanks for your patience you guys, we usually get through these transitions really quickly!