Mel made these the other night and I loved them! She got the recipe from FASTPALEO.COM
2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
1 Tbs coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Coconut oil for sautéing / or olive oil.
I added a whole bunch of green onions
Next time I would also add little pieces of cooked ahead bacon or chunks of sausages even for a breakfast feel.
* Shred zucchini (ring dry with paper towel). This step is important as zucchini is very very wet and water dense.
* In a large bowl, beat eggs together
* Sift coconut flour into eggs and beat together Note: coconut flour often has clumps, which is why sifting is important
* Mix shredded zucchini, sea salt and ground pepper together, and combine with egg mixture
* Meanwhile, set a skillet over medium hear. When hot, add coconut oil to coat bottom
* Spoon the mixture into the pan in desired sized fritters
* Serve warm
I cooked everything in one shot at 400 in oven, and not in skillet, on oiled cookie sheets). I kept on eye on them until they looked consistent and golden. Either way works well but since I doubled the recipe, I decided to find a quicker method for cooking.
This is great for a breakfast on the go. I eat them warm while driving to work in a sandwich format with avocado and bacon inside.