Lindsay brought this up in one of the most recent Food Group sessions. She sold it amazingly well as a hummus substitute so we had her promise to give us the recipe 🙂
(Blend all the following ingredients in a high speed blender, makes a few cups!):
1 Cup Roughly Chopped Red Pepper
¾ Cup Cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
1/3 Cup Roughly Chopped Carrot
2 Tablespoons Cold Pressed Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey or Agave
1 Tablespoon Water
2 Teaspoon Curry
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Coriander
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
Curry Kale Salad Option:
1. Wash the kale thoroughly, remove the stems and spin dry.
2. Slice the leaves into medium size strips, then place into a bowl.
3. Add a little olive oil and salt and massage the kale in order to wilt it.
4. Add the curry sauce and massage into the kale.
5. Salad options: cherry tomatoes, hemp seeds, chopped up chicken, whatever you like!