CrossFit Squamish is growing and after several years of developing the kids program we have come to a point of further dividing the age groups. This will also help us program and develop a better transition for CrossFitters from 3 years old to teens! Here are the three new age groups for the general CrossFit Kids classes (leading up to the Teen class), their class descriptions and schedules. Instructions for registration are below. Our program is first come first serve sign up on Mindbody and is open to any kids in our community (they do not have to have CrossFitting parents!):
**** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING AS A FEW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!
MINIS (co-ed 3-4 years old):
The objective with Minis is to focus on a fun and positive gym experience while at the same time coaching them on the management of their bodies and basic physical literacy. We will work on running, jumping, body weight movements and basic odd object management (push, pull, drag, and carry). This class will be 20min. in duration and include skills, games, team work, and task/time priority workouts. So fun!
* Thursday 4:45-5:05pm with Ellen, 13 weeks from Sept. 15th-Dec 8th, $130+gst, class max 6 kids (minimum to run the semester is 4)
MONSTER MINIS (c0-ed 5-8 years old):
Monster Minis will expand on the functional skills, objects and movements used in the Minis program and include team work, games, and task/time priority workouts. This class will be 30min. in duration.
* Thursday 5:15-5:45pm with Ellen, 13 weeks from Sept. 15th-Dec 8th, $130+gst, class max 8 kids (minimum to run the semester is 4)
PRE-TEENS (co-ed 9-12 years old):
Pre0-Teens will focus on bridging the gap between Monster Minis and the CFSQ Teen group. Speed and weight will not be an emphasis. We will focus on improving the movements carried over from Monster Minis, as well as basic gymnastics work. Through the semester, we will progress to more dynamic movements as we focus on the continued development of motor control, while beginning to implement more of the patterns used in CrossFit. This class will be 45min. in duration and include technique work, individual and team workouts, as well as basic stretching and self care.
* Wednesday 5:30-6:15pm with Chris, 13 weeks from Sept.14th-Dec 7th, $130+gst, class max 10 kids (minimum to run the semester is 4)
* TO RESERVE A SPOT:
1. If your child already has a personal login (THEIR name, not yours!) in our Mindbody system please log in as them (you can do a password retrieval if you’ve forgotten!). If not continue to step 2 where you will eventually be prompted to create a profile for them. Please note that you can use your email address for their new account even if it’s used for yours… you will just have to create a separate password for them.
3. Go to the week of September 14/15th and click on the first class for the age group you require. This will prompt you to create a profile or continue on to the payment screen.
4. Please then sign your child/children in to the remaining classes for the semester. You can do this as a “recurring” sign in option by clicking on the following week’s class and then choose “recurring”. By doing this now you won’t have to remember to sign them in weekly and will only have to remember to let us know if they won’t be coming to a particular week’s class.
Once we have the full class lists we will send any new kids waivers to be filled in before the first class via email. Please make sure you enter a valid email address in your child’s account.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions!
– The CFSQ CrossFit Kids team