I was over at Matt and Mel’s yesterday afternoon and the smell of their chili in the crockpot inspired me to make some today… here is how it went:
* brown 1 package of ground bison and 1 package of Jesse’s mama’s farm ground beef in large wok
* finely chop 1 large sweet yellow onion and 4 large cloves of garlic and add into the meat mix
* chop up 1 yellow pepper, 1 orange pepper, 1 zucchini, 3 celery stalks, 3 carrots, half a bunch of kale (thanks for the idea M & M)
* put meat mixture, all veggies, and two large cans of organic diced tomatoes in the crockpot
* I also added one small tin of organic kidney beans..if this is a cheat we are doing alright 😉
* add 4 tbsps of chili powder, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tbsp cumin, sea salt to taste (I like lots)
* patiently wait until the end of the day when it’s ready…. 4-6 hours on med. heat?
Tis the season….