Kristine recommended this one… apparently the fam loved it!
Paleo Butter Chicken – From Paleo Diet Lifestyle website
“I have tried many different versions and this one is pretty good:
– 2 x 2 tbsp of pastured, grass-fed or coconut oil ( I have tried both and they are both
– About 1 Kg chicken cut in chunks;
– 2 tsp garam masala;
– 2 tsp paprika;
– 2 tsp ground coriander;
– 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger;
– 1/4 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste);
– 1 cinnamon stick;
– 6 bruised cardamon pods;
– 1 can of tomato paste
– 3/4 cup coconut milk;
– 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice;
1. Heat a pan, add the first 2 tbsp of butter and stir-fry the chicken chunks. You can cook
them in 2 batches if your pan is too small.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan.
3. Put the second 2 tbsp of butter and slowly heat the spices for a minute or two until you
can smell the aroma.
4. Put the chicken back in the pan and stir so you mix in all the spices with the chicken.
5. At this point, add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
6. Add the coconut milk and lemon juice and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.”